Automotive - Testing Capability Statement
Wednesday, 31 March 2021
Automotive Testing Statement & Summary
Automotive - Interiors:
- Physical and colourfastness performance of textile seating and trim materials in accordance with the performance requirements and test methods of vehicle manufactures e.g. Toyota, Nissan, Ford and also Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE) methods.
- Testing for the presence of Substances of Concern such as heavy metals within interior components.
- Measurement of the tendency of interior components to produce a haze onto glass surfaces or to exude deposit that may be quantified onto aluminium foil. This is commonly referred to as “fogging” and is conducted in conditions that simulate those which may occur in the interior of a vehicle.
- Accelerated weathering of interior components to assess resistance to UV light and the build-up of heat and humidity within a vehicle interior.
- Chemical resistance of automotive interiors to common cleaning agents and potential exposure to substances such as fuel that may inadvertently make contact.
- Flammability performance of interior textiles in accordance with the manufacturers specification
- Flammability performance of webbings and harnesses to satisfy the FIA 8853 code.
Automotive - Exterior and Aftermarket Hardware:
- Accelerated weathering of external components measuring the resistance of items to UV light, humidity and environmental cycling.
- Dimensional stability of components or partially assembled vehicle sections against the effects of environmental cycling.
- Assessment of paints and coatings and substrates for their resistance to the environment including that of stone chip and corrosion resistance.
- Chemical resistance of paints, coatings and components such as moulded housings when contact occurs with automotive fuels, oils, fluids, acids and alkalis and commonly used products such as tar removers, window cleaner and many others.
Download Fact Sheet: Automotive - Capability statement
How to contact us:
Please contact us on the below or send samples to us at the below address:
AWTA Product Testing
Level 1, 191 Racecourse Rd,
Flemington VIC 3031, Australia
Contact us on: ( Phone: (03) 9371 2400 Email: email@example.com